The Society began in 1998, when the Friends of the Ocean City Pops, Inc. realized there was a need for a special donor group that would fund certain unique objectives to enhance the Orchestra and its performances, apart from the Friends’ normal operating budget.
The Society, named in honor of Conductor Emeritus, Frank Ruggieri (1906-2003), has made possible five important ongoing functions:
• Two additional chairs (orchestra members) selected by the Artistic Director have joined the Pops for eighteen summer seasons.
• The current music library of repertoires and arrangements has been expanded and existing scores that can no longer be replaced have been preserved to ensure the quality of concert programs during the summer season.
• A special free concert, small ensembles perform every September in various schools.
• Provided funds for extra rehearsal time as needed to ensure excellence in performance.
• And finally, 25% of the funds contributed by Society members has been added to the Friends’ endowment fund to help endow the chairs for the future.
You are cordially invited to join the Society’s distinguished group of music lovers by contributing $2,000 per year, for an initial period of three years.
This gift is fully tax deductible, and will help to continue our Heritage of Good Music. For more information, please contact Mary Anne Kull and Pat Gillian at 609-413-6644.
Contributions in Honor and Remembrance of Frank Ruggieri may be sent to the attention of The Frank Ruggieri Society and make check to The Friends of the Ocean City Pops, Inc. and send to F.O.C.P. at P.O. Box 931, Ocean City, NJ 08226.